Hardwire: The Undergraduate Journal of Sexual Diversity Studies at the University of Toronto has opened submissions for academic and creative submissions for their 2021-2022 issue! They are looking for pieces from any discipline which actively engage in the dimensions of sexuality. They encourage academic pieces, creative pieces, and pieces that incorporate academic and creative elements. They are open to creative submissions of all formats and genres, including audio-visual submissions that require online display or other mediums not traditionally found in academic journals. Work from students of all programs and disciplines is welcome and encouraged.
● Be of high quality – all pieces will undergo an editing process, but they encourage authors to submit polished pieces.
● Visual submissions are preferred in .png format and must be submitted in 300dpi resolution, 8.5×11 in. minimum for full-spread images.
● Be original, previously unpublished work written by current undergraduates at or recent graduates from U of T.
● Include an abstract with academic pieces.
● Include a short artist statement explaining the intent of the piece with creative pieces.
● Be submitted before 11:59pm EST on Friday, January 14th, 2022, at bit.ly/hardwire5
You may submit multiple submissions. Authors will be notified in January whether their piece has been selected for publication. The pieces selected will undergo an editing process during which the authors will collaborate with the Hardwire editorial team to prepare their work for publication.
They are also looking for an art piece to be the cover art for the journal. If you would like your piece to be considered for cover art, please attach a high-quality image and specify this in the application form.
To apply, fill out this form and submit by January 14th, 2022.
If you have any questions about whether your piece is suitable for Hardwire or for general inquiries, please do not hesitate to ask at firstname.lastname@example.org.