Students not yet enrolled at U of T:
New students applying for graduate work at the University of Toronto will submit a full application to a home department or unit. Application to the collaborative program will comprise of:
- a covering letter to the Director of the Bonham Centre
- a copy of either the statement of interest submitted to the home program or a distinct statement of interest prepared specifically for the collaborative program
- a transcript from the applicant’s most recent institution (does not have to be a sealed copy)
- a copy of the applicant’s acceptance letter from a participating University of Toronto graduate program
Other materials in the full application sent to the home department will be consulted by the collaborative program director where necessary.
Once students have been accepted to a graduate program in their home department, they may submit an application to the Sexual Diversity Studies department. Students will be contacted with an admissions decision from the Sexual Diversity Studies department only after their admission to the University of Toronto has been confirmed.
Admission to the collaborative program will depend on the applicant’s intention to pursue the study of questions related to sexuality, her/his academic record, and in the case of Ph.D. applicants, on the availability of appropriate supervisory faculty. Admission will be determined by the program director in consultation with members of the program committee or the program executive.
Graduate students already enrolled at U of T:
Students now enrolled in a graduate program at U of T may apply for entry to the collaborative program. Applications for in-course students must comprise:
- a covering letter that includes an indication of home program, year in that program, and membership in thesis committee (if relevant)
- a statement of research interest
- a copy of academic records to date, including courses being taken this year.
The graduate core course (SDS 1000H) is offered in the second term (January-April) and must be taken by all students enrolled in the collaborative progam.
Applications to the collaborative program and other correspondence related to it should be addressed to:
Mark S. Bonham Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies
Room 251, University College
15 King’s College Circle
University of Toronto
If you wish to submit an electronic application, please convert all documents to .PDF format and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org